Overcoming challenges throughout all transactions.
M Squared’s Transaction & Regulatory Advisory Service (TRAS) works closely with corporate buyers and sellers, private equity firms and portfolio company clients executing corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions. We partner with our clients to meet their unique business objectives along the full cycle of a deal and overcome any challenges that emerge throughout the transaction. We execute these tasks via our thorough recruiting and delivery methods of highly skilled consultants.
When working with our team, you will receive the focused expertise and guidance of one or a team of our subject matter experts who are skilled in the following areas:
- Pre-Transaction Evaluation
- Asset & Quality of Earning Due Diligence
- Cash & Working Capital Analysis
- Cash Flow Forecast & Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Investment Banking Advisory
- Technology Assessment
- Transaction Reporting
- Financial Carve-Out & Compilation
- Financial Statement Compilation
- Fresh-Start Accounting
- Pro Forma Financials
- Purchase Accounting
- SEC Registration Statement & Report Preparation
- M&A Integration
- Add-On Acquisition Integration
- Cost Reduction Analysis
- Infrastructure Build-Out
- Integration Management
- Operational & Profit Improvement
- System Integration & Optimization
- M&A Compliance
- Audit Readiness
- Bank/PE Reporting Package
- Consolidated Reporting
- IPO Readiness & Execution
- Sell Side Due Diligence
- Technical Accounting
Our Promise to Your Business
Whether providing project management and execution or resources for project augmentation, we are committed to delivering the following to your business and the engagement:
- Pragmatic, effective deliverables that clients value
- Deep relationships with leading private equity funds in major U.S. markets and industries help ensure consultants are placed into engagements to execute at the highest delivery levels.
- Optimal value at a lower cost structure in comparison to larger accounting and strategy firms
Relevant Client Engagements
- A federal credit union entered into simultaneous multiple purchase agreements and required extensive credit portfolio due diligence and valuation assistance for two of its larger acquisitions. SolomonEdwards assembled an experienced due diligence team that provided a robust valuation analysis that was integrated with other client due diligence findings. One of the two transactions closed in mid-2016, and our team assembled and delivered a day-one valuation analysis to support the booking of acquired loans. Additionally, extensive trial balance and file reviews were conducted to extract key credit quality indicators, allowing the client to assess the risk profile and loss exposure inherent in each of the target portfolio loan portfolios.
- An innovative bio-therapeutics client was spun out from a broader healthcare firm. Coupled with an impending IPO, the spinout created a need for transactional accounting expertise. We provided technical accounting for the carve out and IPO preparation. In addition, we delivered technical accounting for the carve out and IPO preparation, audit assistance, timely SEC filings, in addition to developing accounts and reporting infrastructure and internal controls over financial reporting. The carve out was successful, and our work assisted the firm in raising $60M capital.
- An entertainment company needed a third party resource to support its increased reporting needs around a new acquisition. We deployed a team that completed SEC filings, earnings releases, earnings call scripts, technical accounting position papers, and purchase and transaction accounting for the newly acquired company. Also, we completed historical data validation for the financial reporting and corporate accounting departments in preparation for a general ledger system conversion.